Sunday 1 March 2009

Change

Spring is coming, and with the seasons it seems that I, too, will change. Change jobs, that is, though perhaps a lifestyle also.

When I first came to South Korea I was adamant about the fact that I did not want to live in Seoul or any other large city. I have so far chosen to live in smaller cities on the east coast of Korea, next to the clean ocean air, near beaches. And I have enjoyed, for the most part, the time that I have spent in these places.

However, I have decided that I want more options for myself as far as things to do, and I want to live closer to friends, so, come May, I will make the big move (for me) to the Seoul metropolitan area.

This weekend I interviewed for, was offered, and accepted a hagwon teaching job in the Seoul area. I am quite excited about the increased opportunities that will be available, even if they are a subway ride or two away; Seoul is, after all, the 8th largest city in the world.

Details to be worked out, things to move, all of that will come soon enough (and I will undoubtedly complain about it), but, for now, an evening between the 'what will be' and the 'what is' (work tomorrow), time to contemplate the possibilities of the future . . .

No comments: