Saturday 18 July 2009

Yeah Pickles!


A few weeks ago I bought an industrial-sized jar of dill pickles for the 4th of July bbq that I went to, thinking--oh generous me--that I'd share some and bring the rest home. But then a bunch of American teachers showed up and that was that. Damn their black souls. (Though they were nice enough to thank me.)

There are plenty of pickles in the two supermarkets where I live, but they are either sweet ones or German knockoffs with a wierd taste.

I can't go without cheese, but I have also found out that, while I can go without dills for a bit, enough if enough. I need them in my life. So today I went into Seoul and returned to the international food store that has the massive jar of dills. Now I just have to rearrange my fridge shelves to fit it in.

No comments: