Saturday 17 October 2009

Making a Class Minibook







My one advanced class at our English academy, composed of 5th/6th grade students who are essentially fluent in English, recently completed a minibook. My boss backed our efforts to publish this text, and so it happened. I did not fully edit the students' writing, which goes against my training, but I/we wanted to give them full ownership of the 'book' so they typed and edited and illustrated everything. It turned out to be about 20 pages, and my one written inclusion was a letter to the parents about the project.

I am so proud of them and hope to repeat the process--on perhaps a bigger scale (especially after today, when I read two of the students' great poems in their diaries)--in the future.

You can see some of the pics of their work . . . cover, contents page, text, glossary, etc.

No comments: