Sunday 21 March 2010

March Is Not Spring in Korea

Here in the greater-Seoul area, we have gotten snow twice in the last two weeks, and though only a dusting, it is a reminder that winter is truly not over. Temps continue to remain in the single digits (Celsius--I guess that's 30's and 40's for you backwards folks).

Sigh. I had just bought a bicycle last fall before it turned cold, and I am enough of a wimp that I stopped riding it once the early mornings froze--that's really the only time I can enjoy exercising. So I am excited for it to warm up a bit, though, like most here, I do not look forward to the long hot summer.

And summer in Korea it shall be, as I recently made a decision to stay here for a while longer, at least until November. A good job--one that I am continuing to learn from (always important!)--plus health care, something unfortunately not promised in America (damn the politicians, they have medical themselves), makes a lot of difference.

A new computer is on the horizon (this one is 4+ years old), and I want to engage myself in some other pursuits. I'll write about those once I figure them out:)

No comments: