Sunday 13 June 2010

Faulty Door Lock

So I went out early to E-Mart, came back, discovered I had forgetten my apartment key. Oops! First time in 6 months or so. Oh well. I still remembered my electronic key code . . . hey, boy genius, right? Only I was reminded that the reason I started using my key in the first place was because the electronic lock was having some problems. SO today it didn't work at all. Of course.

Long story short I--with a lot of friends' translation help--had to call a locksmith to come and drill out the old lock and reinstall a new one--about $60, which I figured the apt. bldg. should pay for since I pay them a maintenence fee every month, but they refused that.

It's done, I'm back in after 2 hours' lock out, so all is well I guess, but it still . . . aw, never mind, I could rant and rave but it will benefit no one, save perhaps my peace of mind. So I will r&r on my own . . .

No comments: