Sunday 18 March 2012

Soup Day

I don't really need to make more soup as my freezer is full of it, but I find it relaxing and it's nice to have fresh soup during the week.  Also, I expect that once it warms up for summer I won't be cooking as much, so now is the time to do it.

A co-worker asked me about how I make soup; I don't follow a recipe and can't really provide one, but here is my process:)

The steps.

1) Get everything out.  Make a mess.  Feel overwhelmed (when I make soup, I make a lot!).


2) Get the meat simmering, along with anything else that needs extra time (beans, mushrooms, etc.)


3) Chop the vegetables.


4) Put everything in the pot (or pots--I use 2 since I make so much: some to eat, some to give away, and some to freeze).


5) Get your spices ready.


6) Add the spices and let the soup cook/simmer for a while.  I think the whole cooking time should be at least 45 minutes..



7) This is the first week I have been able to find decent spinach, so I am going to add it as soon as I turn off the burners.  I am also going to add some tofu to help cool the soup down.


Eat and enjoy!:)

No comments: