Saturday 14 April 2012

Choosing Games

In Korea "rock, scissors, paper" is a popular choosing game.  Sometimes I see kids--or lately even a kid and her father--playing the game while going up steps:  the winner advances while the loser stays on the same step.

We use "rsp" a lot in classes, as kids enjoy it and it is convenient, if noisy.  However, I remember some of the longer, more drawn-out, choosing games of my childhood.

For example, there was this one:

"My mother and your mother were hanging up their clothes; my mother socked your mother in the nose; what color was her blood? G-r-e-e-n spells green and you are 'it'."

A bit gruesome, but I suppose that was a part of the attraction.

Then there was:

"Eenie meenie minee moe, what color was the tiger's toe?  If it was 'r-e-d' you are not 'it'!"

There were variations on each game, so they were never boring . . .

No comments: