Thursday 11 April 2013

Recent Food Pics

This morning I made some mashed potatoes:



They are kind of a strange mix.  After I put the potatoes on to boil--2 regular ones and 3 sweet potatoes (not so sweet in Korea, at least boiled)--I realized that I only had a little margarine and no milk or butter (I seldom use any of the three).  But then I remembered that I had a can of coconut milk, so I used a third of that plus:

   *olive oil   *dijon mustard   *black pepper   *chipotle chili powder   *fresh parsley

   *chopped raw carrots   *chopped mushrooms (boiled with potatoes)

It came out ok, but I'll be interested to see what my fellow teachers think as I made it to take to work.

               *          *          *         *          *         *          *          *          *          *          *

Last weekend I ate lunch with some friends at a Korean soup restaurant (sul lung tang/seolleongtang/설렁탕):




With the soup we had two orders of meat dumplings (고기만두), which were quite large, and the kimchi that was waiting at the table.

Turned out to be quite good and nice variety, as I don't eat that type of meal often.

No comments: