Tuesday 1 October 2013

Hotmail Is My Nemesis

Following up from the post below, in which I noted that Hotmail is now requiring users to submit a mobile phone number in order to access their account (at least where I am living) . . .

My 1 week 'grace period' expired, and Hotmail has denied me access to my personal email account because I will not give them my mobile number.

What's the term for it?  Oh--"attempted extortion".

I thought that was illegal.

Guess I was wrong.

Fortunately my Hotmail account is my backup email, so nothing really important is lost.  That is why I can stick to my principles and silently tell Hotmail to go take a flying @$$!@!

But I wonder what those users who have vital information on their accounts will do.  Probably they will have to cave in and supply Hotmail with their private information.

I contacted NPR and CNN in the hopes that they will run a story on this and expose Hotmail's evil ways.

No comments: