Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Weather

I really hate this hot and humid weather.  It's not just Korea--I have lived in hot and humid places in the U.S., Italy, and Japan.  I have liked most of the places but not the accompanying summer weather.

Part of the problem here is that it is almost impossible to get a cross-breeze, as there are apartments on 2 sides of a hallway.  There are no "through" widows.

I tried opening the door to my apartment (sacrificing privacy) and pointing my fan alternatively at the windows and at the door, but I didn't notice any temperature change.

Outside tonight it will be quite cool, yet inside my apartment it will remain hot.  Cool nights and hot days, at least for another week here.

I know that fall is coming, and that my apartment will eventually cool down, yet it is hard for me to envision spending another 4 months next summer in a hot apartment.

Yes, I can turn on the air con, and I often do for an hour at night and in the morning, but what a waste that is.

Sigh.  The earth is getting warmer . . . time for everyone to think about the future.

No comments: