Wednesday 31 December 2014

Making Soup

Today was a soup-making day, but I went into super-healthy mode; I keep reading about kale as a super food, so, since I found it at E-mart, I decided to add it, plus my other healthy ingredients, some of which you can see here (I am adding, as an after-note, that the ingredients are for 2 large pots of soup):


 I call it 'acorn squash' but it tends to get call 'pumpkin' here



Yes, I do use a lot of garlic; not only is it healthy but I am of the opinion that garlic in Korea is far less potent than garlic in America (one measurement is this: when I handle garlic directly with my fingers in Korea, the smell goes away in an hour or two; when I do the same thing in the U.S., it takes 2-3 days)



I cook the pumpkin/squash in the microwave before adding it to the soup



Kale, spinach. celery, tomatoes . . .


Dried zucchini . . . very nice texture (not mushy like the fresh stuff)



The finished products: chicken soup and salmon soup; tofu (the squeezable tube kind) was added at the end as an ingredient and to help cool the soup down.  (Missing in the pics are the carrots, 2 kinds of mushrooms, sweet potatoes, spices, and  . . . no onions today, because the two I had saved were not in good condition.)

No comments: