Sunday 11 November 2012

Autumn Means Soup Cooking Time

I really got into cooking soup last winter, but haven't done much for a long time just because it heats up the kitchen.  Now that the weather is cooler, however, I am getting back into the groove.  I made a big batch of soup yesterday--both beef vegetable and spicy vegetable.

Today I wanted to try cooking with some acorn squash, in addition to the usual assortment of vegetables.  There are so many fresh veggies in Korea that it's easy to make some healthy food.  Anyway, today I used chicken in one pot and salmon in the other.

I always have enough to share and to put a container or two into the freezer.




The white chunks that you see in the pots--cooling on the balcony--in the last photo are tofu.  I add it at the end to help cool down the soup.

I only used one of the acorn squash because it was hard to cut the rind off.  Next time I think I will steam it first before adding to the soup.

No comments: