Tuesday 14 January 2014

Classroom Experiment

I told several of my classes today that, while the weather here in South Korea has been very cold, the weather where a friend lives in Argentina is quite hot, since the southern half of the Earth is experiencing summer.

In two classes--4th and 5th graders--I asked the students to make a choice: did they prefer Korea's cold winter weather, or did they want to choose Argentina's very hot summer weather (about 39C/102F today).

It was interesting that one class chose Argentina's summer weather, while the other class voted in favor of Korea's cold weather.

Both classes felt quite strongly about their choices, and I had a hard time not laughing about their emphatic tones.

When I told my friend in Argentina that one class had chosen her weather, she said to send them there:)

On Thursday I am going to tell that class--9 girls--to pack their bags!

No comments: