Sunday 7 November 2010

Seoul Grand Park/Seoul Land














My friend Ken and I were riding the subway back to my little town outside of Seoul, and I suggested that we stop off at the Seoul Grand Park station to take a look at Seoul Land, which is a zoo/amusement park for kids (mainly). As there were lots of people there and it was late in the afternoon on a Saturday, we decided not to buy tickets and enter, but just to stroll around, take some pics, and have a snack. I wanted to see the area because my students mention it very often.


The snack turned out to be squid, kind of sauteed in peanut oil--quite good. There is another pic of squid being cooked directly on coals. However, the snacks available weren't all wierd asian food; there were hot dogs, cotton candy, corn on the cob, etc.


I also took pics of the "skylift" and the map board, where you can see area names in Korean, English, Chinese, and Japanese.

No comments: