Sunday 7 October 2012

Kitchen Industry

I decided to make some food for lunch tomorrow . . . what I usually like to eat is salad, and to be satisfied with it I have to make it myself.

It's not that I'm picky, because you can buy a halfway decent salad at Paris Baguette (a large bakery chain) or E-Mart (a large supermarket chain).

But they focus on the basics, and would never ever put olives in a salad.  I love olives.  I have to have olives in my salads, and I am so thankful that I can buy them here in Korea.

My basic salad consists of lettuce (different kinds, hopefully, which I try to buy from sidewalk vendors; I'd rather give my money to them than to a store chain), tomatoes (I much prefer a large tomato cut into pieces than many small cherry tomatoes), cucumber slices (recently I've started leaving some of the skin on), hard boiled egg, and maybe "other" ingredients (the "other" might consist of avocado, anchovies, chicken breast . . .).

I also like to eat steamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, zucchini) which I do in the microwave and top off with some balsamic vinegar and mustard dressing.




Pics:

No comments: