Saturday 30 March 2013

About North Korea: My Two Sides

North Korea has been playing 'Bad boy on the block' recently, and the male/agressor side of me wants to say, "OK, so you state you are going to nuke my country, well, here's a taste!"

KABLOOEE!

Or,

"So you want to unleash a 'sea of fire' on South Korea,which has been nothing but peaceful towards you?  Here you go--BAM!"

On the other hand, I think North Korea is clearly reaching out--in its unique dysfunctional way--and that the world should engage in talks with them.   Maybe this is my more peaceful, feminine side, speaking out, I don't know.

I do know that I do not want the two Koreas to go to war--imagine all of the human suffering that would follow.

(Plus--excuse me for being selfish--I am situated somewhere in the middle of the crosshairs.)

No comments: